Friday 28 September 2012

Hi Guys,

Back again after a looooong week in school, which involved my first ever day of work experience! This week started off slow, working on our junk kouture outfit (which is coming along nicely) and on our ideas for the quickly approaching BT Young Scientist competition which takes place in January 2013.

So far, things are going great regarding my Junk Kouture outfit. There have been many new designs made to replace former unco-operative designs and to add that extra bit of excitement to our look. Eimear, Zoe and I  have been hard at work all week and have finished our fantastic bodice. It is complete with weaved gift bags and a colourful fan of crepe paper to go with our theme 'All wrapped up'.

I am working with my Junk Kouture partner Eimear for an exciting competition called 'BT Young Scientist'. We must come up with an impressive topic with which we must do a project about and submit into the competition with the hope of getting far. This competition is a well known and respected event that takes place every year in the RDS in Dublin. It hosts a number of  high quality science projects from students all over Ireland and is an honour to be accepted into.

This week I also completed my first day of work experience which is another part of my Transition Year programme, it was a great day and you can find out more about what I got up to on my other blog dedicated towards that. You can find the link to that blog on the top right hand corner of this page.

Till next week,
Ciara.

No comments:

Post a Comment