Friday 12 April 2013

I mustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later..

Hey guys,

As you may have guessed from the slightly subtle heading I have been recently influenced by the French culture. This is a result of a delicious French breakfast that I shared with my classmates this Friday morning. We indulged in a LOT of French themed food including the likes of; croissants, brioche, pain au chocolat and bonbons. We definitely ate ourselves sick but it was worth it and we took it as an opportunity to practise for our future orals on the topic of breakfast time.

So, as that was at the end of the week, I should probably cover how the week started. First up on Monday we made deeeelicious lemon curd cupcakes. They were filled with a lemon curd swirl and topped with lemon icing, I was cooking on my own so got them all for myself, but it was definitely stressful trying to get it done in time! On Tuesday we got to work completing our art work on tape portraits and a lot of us began working on our new assignment: puppets! It sounds like it's going to be really fun and I can't wait to see all of the finished products, I was thinking of making a mermaid like the one below. We'll see how that works out!

On Wednesday I started my third and final work experience in a gorgeous cafe & garden centre type of place. It was a great day and looks like it's going to be the best work experience so far. You can read about that on my work experience blog here. On Thursday we had a double mini company class where we finalised a lot of the mini company business and continued to work on our new assignment which involves us creating our own cereal. We have managed to come up with our cereal idea so far and just need to get to work on the cereal box and logo. Lots to do!

So that's what I got up to this week. It was a lot to do in the first week back but hey, lots of new interesting projects coming up and there's only 7 weeks left until summer!

Till next week,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment